I am lucky enough to have a fabulous man cave. It was fortuitous the space was suitable plus an understanding partner.
The cave is situated on a lower level (basement) of our home in a warm comfortable area.
Man Cave Priorities
- Space – seating, television, speakers, coffee table
- Furniture – seating (chair / couch), coffee table, soundbar
- Lighting – ceiling, lamp
- Media – television, Foxtel, DVD players, PVR, soundbar, AppleTV + remotes
- Shelving – DVD’s, CD’s, statues, memorabilia
- Drawers – storage
- Walls – pictures, posters, awards, clock
Realistically, families have different viewing habits which make a man cave the ideal space for a happy lifestyle.
Mums watch Doctor Phil, Melbourne Housewives, Judge Judy, Come Dine With Me
Dads watch AFL, football, footy, replay’s, On The Couch, MKR, news, Australian Story, 4 Corners, Media Watch, Survivor, Big Bang Theory
Kids watch their tablets, phones and mobile media.
Best times: AFL Grand Final, NRL Grand Final, Boxing Day Test, Bathurst, Logies, Good Friday Telethon, movies with my son.
Go man cave!
Note: 7 remotes, rubbish bin, Tigers memorabilia, family pics, Boonie doll