The ENVY collection is a range of luxury handmade handbags and accessories designed and handmade in our Northcote studio.
- Web site: www.envydesign.com.au
- Review: 20th August 2010
- Rating **** (4/5)
Firstly, in terms of appearance, the web site is well laid out, and according to my female partner has a very nice look and appeal. Keeping in mind, ladies (female) see things differently to men, so this is very good.
A feature she specially liked was the ability to ZOOM when looking at the product, but we feel this should be better highlightedto explain the slow loading time of the pop-up. The thumbnail itself could also be made to link to the pop-up.
I personally don’t like the space at the top that the phone number is in. I think it would be better served if the phone number was removed from there and made part of the background header graphic or logo.
- Create a stand-alone index page that is not a redirect.
- Remove all outbound links including the one in the footer (X-Cart). Replace the link with a text link pointing to your home page with the text being your target KP.
- Recreate a web-friends page for reciprocal links.
- Decide on your target key-word phrases and optimize your pages. Domain, mata title, meta description, header (h1) and body to include the KP.
- Optimise the product pages: ENVY BY MARGARETTE LOUISE :: LIMITED EDITION COLLECTION :: CAFE HANDBAG :: CH1007 Should be CAFE HANDBAG | ENVY BY MARGARETTE LOUISE
- Collection doorway pages like this one should have a meta-tag of NOINDEX, FOLLOW
This says to a robot not to index the page but to follow the links on the page. You only want to index pages with real content on them.
- Limited Edition products are well named but not the one of a kind.. SATLONE1007
- Incorporate social networking widget for the product pages.
The quickest way to the top of Google is to have other web sites link to you. The best type of link (and the hardest to get) is a text link where the text is the KP you are targeting. Eg: Hand Crafted Hand Bags
Get yourself a Google Account (free) and add your domain to Google Analytics, and Webmaster Tools. Create a dynamic site-map that updates automatically as often as required. If you don’t make many changes, then update once a week. Add the site-map to WT. Add tracking code from GA to your site. Both these measures forces Google to come to your site.
KP = Keyword Phrase (ie 2 or more target words)