I have been a member of CHOICE for over 30 years. I liked it as a printed publication, but love it as an online resource.
I find myself having to pry myself away from reading and reading.
In short, you would be mad not seeing what CHOICE thinks ‘before’ buying anything. CHOICE will have already reviewed it, tested it and made their recommendations.
Independent and transparent, CHOICE was founded in 1959 with one clear mission: to ensure the consumer voice is heard loudly and clearly. CHOICE empowers consumers to get the most out of all their purchasing decisions by providing a mix of advocacy and advice.
Ten good reasons to become a CHOICE Online member:
- We’ll help you be a savvy shopper.
- You’ll save time and money.
- You’ll be the first to get product tests and recommendations.
- Comparative tables help you pick just the right product for you.
- It’s a mercifully ad-free environment.
- You can easily search for past CHOICE reports.
- You can get CHOICE Computer online.
- We give consumers a voice through our campaigns.
- It costs less than one take away coffee a week to be a member.
OK. So that’s only nine reasons…
- You’ll feel so relieved because we’ve done all the monotonous hard work for you.
And two compelling arguments:
Information you can trust
We buy all the products we test – we don’t accept industry freebies and we don’t take ads. We’re non-profit and our work is funded by people like you.
We’re the good guys
We lobby government and industry on your behalf and watch out for your interests. For example, we campaign to:
- Stem the tide of increased bank fees.
- Stop children from being bombarded with ads for junk food.
- Put a stop to manufacturers making misleading green claims.
You’ve convinced me! I’d like to join now.
There are a number of plans from just $10 a month.. $120 a year for information that you can trust to make good ‘buying’ decisions that will ultimately save you much more than the cost of the membership.
Where to go
Finally, a must see each year is the annual SHONKY Awards.
In 2013, the Shonky Award for a grain of truth goes to OATS EXPRESS | Click here to see a video